There are many different types of watches made in the watch market. But how many types of watches are there?
Here we list different types of watches categoried by different criterion:
- Mechanical Watch: A mechanical watch uses a clockwork mechanism to measure the passage of time and is driven by a mainspring which must be hand-wound periodically. (Check Bolong’s Mechnical Watches)
- Quartz Watch: It is battery powered and require to change of battery when the power was run out.
- Automatic Watch：A self-winding watch, the mechnical movement gains power through the motion of the wearer.
- Kinetic Watch: Kinetic watch is also called auto quartz watch，it is the best combination of automatic and quartz. It has self-winding movement and it uses the quartz time keeping mechanism like automatic.
- Solar Watch: Solar watch is entirely or partly powered by solar energy which generated by solar cells inside.
- Diving Watch: A diving watch is designed to underwater diving and with a feature of water resistance (waterproof).
- Pilot Watch:High end mechanical wrist watch that with chronometer features.
- Field Watch: The ultimate weekend piece for anyone who values rugged functionality and classic aesthetics.
- Dress Watch: It is with complete case management and global language capabilities, it is configured to the realities of the industry and your company, and is designed to help keep it safe and secure.
- Moon Watch: Moon watch is complete case management and global language capabilities, it is configured to the realities of the industry and your company, and is designed to help keep it safe and secure.
- Chronograph Watch: A chronograph is a specific type of watch that is used as a stop watch combined with a display watch. (See more)
- Moonphase Watch:A moonphase watch is one that relays the 29.5-day lunar cycle by exhibiting the current moonphase in an aperture on the dial.
- Analog Watch:An analog watch (American) or analogue watch (UK and Commonwealth) is a watch whose display is not digital but rather analog with a traditional clock face.
- Digital Watch:A watch in which the hours, minutes, and sometimes seconds are indicated by digits, rather than by hands on a dial.
- Smart Watch: It is a wearable computer in the form of wrist watch.
- GMT Watch:A GMT watch is a timepiece with a 24 hour format hand that indicates a second time zone in addition to the other hands, not just any multiple time zone watch with more than one 12 hour format dial.